Wednesday 7 February 2018

The Spirituality of Beekeeping I


I am delighted to share a beautiful piece of writing from Anne Marie Vencill's reflection on the spirituality of beekeeping.

"In those moments when I am trapped in pain or feeling sorry for myself or need to get out of my head, I wander back to the hives. They are a place of calm and peace. As I watch bees flying in and out, my heart rate slows. My mind focuses on something other than me. I marvel at the beauty and complexity of the bees, and the mystery of the One who created them. I can observe bees for hours without distraction or boredom. I talk to the bees. I move more deliberately and slowly, with care. I’ve been stung too, a wake-up call to be more mindful.
Maybe the bees call me to do this with my own life: To stand back, observe, marvel, and be mindful. To set aside my preconceived agenda and ebb and flow with the natural cycles of family and aging. To give myself permission to take flight and explore where I am at this moment. To move deliberately and slowly, taking time to enjoy what is."

http://abbeyofthearts.com/blog/2018/01/24/monk-in-the-world-guest-post-anne-marie-vencill/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home